Yet Another New Experience!

Friday, December 5, 2008

 

For my birthday, Hubby and I had gone to a Dinner Theatre Fundraiser for the local Community Theatre. At that show, we bought tickets to the Opening Night of "A Christmas Carol".

The plan was to take the Caterpillars and the Royal kids out to dinner and then to the show, thus giving all four (and Hubby) a delightful first theatre experience AND giving Queen and King a night to do as they wished sans children.

It was a good plan, in theory.

Note to self - do NOT assume that all Kindergartners have seen/heard of "A Christmas Carol". My mind just went to - "hey, everyone has seen the Muppets version!", so I didn't even think about Princess being a bit scared (a bit?) by Jacob Marley and the other Ghosts.

She was fine after the first little bit, but she did sit in my lap pretty much the entire night.

Then we headed home, where the boys didn't go to sleep until after 11 p.m. - a fine plan if they were sleeping in, a bit harder since they all had to get up at 6:30 a.m. to make it to IHOP to meet Queen at 7:30!

They did wonderfully, and didn't complain at all when I woke them up. They got dressed and Prince did a great job of making his bed! All in all, it was a delightful experience for everyone involved - and not much harder having four kids than two!


~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

BooSheep said...

I am glad you guys had a good time... I am sure she enjoyed it, even if she was a little scared. I think that is a great opportunity to take them somewhere different and introduce them to the theater!