It's Raining, It's Pouring! - Camping Day 4

Saturday, November 29, 2008


About midnight we realized that the rain was going to be more of a downpour. We had just enough time to take the Caterpillars to the bathroom before bed, then the rain came tumbling down.

I had done a lot of packing up and loading into the truck (and various places in the camper). Some things simply couldn't be left outside in the cold (like our laptops) - so they were "packed" but still not put away.

When we woke up at 6 a.m. it was raining hard. By 7 a.m. the rain had let off just a little, to more of a heavy sprinkle, so Hubby quickly took the Caterpillars to the bathroom, then I helped them get dressed while Hubby started loading pillows/laptops and other small things into the truck.

King showed up at the camper door, suggesting that we move breakfast up to the center of the small campground. Right next to the large restrooms, there is a lovely wooden pavilion - huge enough for the kids to run around and play freeze tag and Simon Says, even while we were cooking breakfast.

King didn't so much enjoy cooking snausage over a stove (very greasy), but at least the eggs weren't frozen this morning! (Just wet...)
Hubby's job was to pass out snausage - a dangerous job, because you never know if you'll come back with all your fingers. There are some serious carnivores out there!

The adults left the kids in the Pavilion playing Simon Says (Princess was making the boys be "flowers, growing flowers"), in order to load the cars. I sat with Queen while she finished packing up her camper, then we took the kids down to the Ranger Station.
There was an awesome diorama that we wanted the kids to see.

They, of course, also enjoyed all the stuff to buy!

By the time we returned to the campsite, Hubby and King were almost done collapsing the campers. Queen and I let the kids run around the Pavilion for a few more minutes, before we went to the restrooms one last time before heading out. We left the park by noon (YAY!) and had our final lunch at the same McDonald's we ate at on the way to the State Park.

It was a nice drive home. B10 and I rested, while CW and Hubby listened to the Georgia/Georgia Tech game on the radio. CW was quite happy that Tech was winning for the first time in over five years! (He's my little engineer!)

We headed to Mum's house to take warm baths, and relax. We'll have to wait till tomorrow to unload the camper, thanks to the rain, but overall - this was a successful first camper trip!

~Lone Butterfly )i(


Meredith said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with your family and friends! I'm glad you made it home safely. :)

BooSheep said...

I am glad the rain held off until the last day and you guys had a good time!