Day Six - And We're Back!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

 

I think we scared some of my family, when I didn't call early to say we were on our way home.

A certain couple of caterpillars decided to sleep until almost 8 a.m. (Now's a fine time to learn to sleep late.)

After they woke up and ate breakfast, we went to a Veteran's Memorial in Tuscaloosa - one that we had seen last night, and wanted to go back and see in the daylight.


The Caterpillars loved the various military machines representing all the different branches. I loved that the memorial was very much an ongoing concern for the community.



We headed home, and while it wasn't a long drive, it wasn't an easy one either. We got home early in the afternoon, in fact, we didn't even get lunch until we were already inside Georgia.

It felt so good to lay down and rest, knowing that Mum was making sure the caterpillars were okay.

That night, Hubby and I went to a black-tie fundrasing dinner for the Community Theatre near us. They were putting on Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians, one of my top two favorite straight plays ever. It was a wonderful evening!

In fact, Hubby and I are going to take the Caterpillars and their friends, Princess and Prince, to see A Christmas Carol when the Theatre preforms it in early December.

~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: