Day Five - Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jog

Friday, November 14, 2008


I am going to be a very happy Mummy Butterfly when I can sleep past 6:30 a.m. in the morning...

Up again early, and we ate a delicious breakfast. B10 has loved having sausage and/or bacon every morning. He's going to be sad next week, when it's back to "make-your-own-toast"!

Our only trip out of the house was to Old Navy to pick up some small items and then to the old church I went to when I was B10's age.

It was funny to hear CW's reaction to the building. It's situated in a neighborhood, surrounded by houses, and he just couldn't understand!

After lunch (burgers/corndogs and French fries!) Granddaddy and I loaded up the truck. I let the Caterpillars run around in the backyard for a while longer, to strech their legs, until a collison of a wheelbarrow and a plow left a scrape on CW's face.

With that incident behind us, we took our last pictures and piled into the car.

Even Zipper came by to say goodbye to us.
We made it to the half-way point by 6:30 p.m., only stopping once for gas. BooSheep had been kind enough to help me check about the Speedway - and to make sure this wasn't a race weekend - so I thought I wouldn't have any problem finding a room.

Um, I perhaps forgot that the place I normally stop is the Alabama exit.

And that maybe Alabama is currently the #1 football team in the nation.

And that maybe they have a home game tomorrow vs. Mississippi State.

I might have forgotten to check any of this out, but luckily talked my way back into the same hotel we stayed at on Monday.

I took the Caterpillars to the University Mall for dinner, letting them choose anywhere in the Food Court that they wanted to eat. B10 decided on pizza, while CW and I had Chic-fil-a.

Each of the Caterpillars still had money left from their trip budget. CW found a jewelry store that was selling Panda Bears for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. At first we thought we had to buy earrings (or some sort of jewelry) to be able to purchase a bear - of course, CW just told me I could wear the earrings...

As it turned out we didn't have to buy any jewelry (darn it!), thus CW was able to use the last of his money on his new Daddy and Baby Panda bears.

B10 waited until we got to Barnes & Nobles, but then saw a new book that matched a collection he has called "Backpack Books". He had plenty of money in his trip budget to purchase the new book, and made a very wise choice, in my opinion. In fact, I think both Caterpillars spent their money wisely, and in ways that were both unique and perfect for each of them.

The Catepillars had ice dreams for dessert, then it was back to the hotel for baths and televison.

I'll sleep as late as I'm able tomorrow, before driving the last few hours home.

It's been a great trip, but next week will be good for me to spend more time in bed. Baby Larva has shown her happiness by kicking and moving all week long, I just want to make sure she keeps growing - so other than a few small errands (and hopefully, another showing of Madagascar 2) - I'll be laying down and resting.

~Lone Butterfly )i(


Meredith said...

What a fun trip! I pray for safe travels today.

Laurie said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! -LB

BooSheep said...

YAY! I am glad you guys got home safe and didn't get stuck in to much football traffic :)

BooSheep said...

hmm...french fries...