We have Babies!

Monday, May 5, 2008

 

Ducks that is...

At least once a week the boys and I will go and feed our old bread and popcorn to the ducks at the local county park. We've been waiting for babies, and it looks like they hatched quite a while ago (I suspected this). The Mum-Duck has been staying on the far side of the lake, and this is the first week we've seen her and the Mallard with the babies.

Then I let the boys run around the trail, where B-10 found a really cool thistle flower. Anyone knowing the exact name of this, feel free to leave it in the comments.


From there we headed to the local grocer (a small little fruit/veggie/bakery) and each chose a piece of fruit for a snack before spending about 30 minutes at the library.

I'm letting them run some of their energy out before swim lesson... I'm sure my neighbors appreciate it!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Love the thistle picture. Not sure what kind it is except a pretty kind.