Aeon Flux

Monday, May 5, 2008

 


I am not a fan of cartoons of any genre. I don't particularly enjoy the Bugs Bunny/Mickey Mouse ones. I don't like modern SpongeBob or any of the modern Nick cartoons.
~
The only cartoon I ever watched with any regularity was Aeon Flux, which showed on MTV over a decade ago.
~
I haven't seen it in years, nor did I see the movie when it came out with Charlize Theron, in 2005.
~
I've heard good things and bad things. The mythology of the show (which was vague in the cartoon) was rehashed/altered in the movie. Especially the relationship between Aeon Flux and Trevor Goodchild.
~
I have had it on my Netflix list forever, and finally put it in last night. I was blown away.
~
It is the first movie I think I've ever seen that was LESS sexual than it's source material. The costumes were beautiful. I stayed up an extra hour to watch the special on the DVD on the costume shop.
~
I also watched the special on stunts. Charlize began training for this film less than 6 months after Monster. It took her 3 1/2 months of gymnastics, Brazilian fighting, and wire work training - and she ended up doing 95% of her own stunts.
~
It's a heavy action movie, so that figure impresses me greatly. It also allowed the director more creativity on the filming, because they didn't have to hide her face when they were shooting the fights, jumps, etc.
~
I didn't expect to enjoy the movie as much as I did, it had been so long since I had even been excited about it and put it on the list.
~
I love it when my expectations are low and I'm pleasantly surprised.
~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: