Snow Day? (Part Deux)

Monday, March 2, 2009

 

Yep, it was beautiful outside my door this morning!

County Schools were closed today, so we welcomed the Royals over to our home. The Caterpillars were pretty psyched to have a "snow day" off of school, just like other kids. Even Hubby worked from home (he did a great job ignoring all the people and focusing on work).

There was a lot of Wii playing (before the highly anticipated meltdowns), some Lego building, group cake baking, more Lego building, more Wii playing, some dinner fixing (by Princess), cake eating, then a last bit of Wii playing before the sun set.

I've been saving the Christmas present we received from the Garden Cousins for a day just like this. Everyone liked putting on aprons and helping to mix the cake, they loved icing and eating their cakes!

It was a treat to use the presents!



Princess helped me make meatloaf - but we called it "a giant veggie-hamburger", because she seemed to flinch a bit at the name "meatloaf".


We had a great day, even with the whining and such (which is going to happen with 4 children trapped inside a house!). After the Royal family went home and we all had baths, we caught up on our Jeopardy and watched Hubby play a little Wii Fit before getting in bed.

I'm actually anticipating going to sleep BEFORE 1 a.m. this morning (all GO feedings aside...). She was sleeping 2-3 hours at a time (with one 4 hour stretch at night) and feeding, so while I was waking up a lot, I was sleeping for 2 hours at a stretch. The last few nights, though, she's been having to lay on me to sleep (so I've had to sleep sitting up). She'll want to eat every hour, sometimes even sooner!

My back muscles are cramping and hurting a bit, Hubby and I have tried to lay her in the carseat to sleep, in the hopes she'll lay there and sleep better. That worked for almost 2 full hours last night - and we're trying it again tonight. I haven't healed from the surgery as well (or as quickly) as I thought I would, this problem is only compounding the issue.

Wish us luck tonight!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

Life throws you surprises! said...

Yeah! I am so glad they had fun on their snow day...I hope they had just as much fun eating all their goodies.