Service Project

Sunday, March 15, 2009

 

Since the divorce, the Caterpillars spend every Easter with their Dad (I see them every Thanksgiving) - but they are never with me for Easter Egg Hunts and such.

This is the fourth year in a row that the Caterpillars and I have done the same Easter "service project". We find a local group that will be hosting a community Easter Egg Hunt and fill eggs for other children.


This year we are filling eggs for our own neighborhood kids. When it stops raining (on Tuesday/Wednesday) we'll walk together to the home of the neighbor in charge of the event.

It's a great way for me to connect with them and talk about the holiday, even when I won't spend the actual day with them.

~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I love the service project idea, but I'd have a basket/egg hunt for them at an alternate time too!