Scout Sunday

Sunday, February 15, 2009

 

Today was Scout Sunday at the church that charters our Cub Scout Pack and the local Boy Scout Troop.

The Boy Scouts came out for the 8:30 a.m. service, while our Cub Scouts attended the 11 a.m. service in full uniform. B10 was the American Flag Bearer for the beginning of the service and again at the end. CW was part of the Honor Guard walking in with the American Flag and the Methodist Church Flag.

Other Cub Scouts served as acolytes and ushers.

It was quite an honor, plus it is always great to see the church react to having the boys as guests. Because it was in a church, I don't have pictures - but afterwards we went with the Royal Family out to eat.

I do have one picture of GO in her Sunday dress, wide awake and hoping for a french fry or a pickle to fall into her mouth (sadly, none did...).


I love when Scouting and the church come together. It makes it so much more meaningful to me to be able to bring God into scouting for my Caterpillars.

~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

BooSheep said...

I love her dress...she looks so sweet and awake waiting for her french fry!