Happy Mardi Gras!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

 

In celebration today, I cooked jambalaya and a homemade King Cake and we had guests over.


The King Cake was yummy, but a bit of a disappointment, because I bought was LOOKED like from the packaging the proper cinnamon rolls, but once I got home I found out they were more like biscuits then the ones that you can unroll.



They were still awesome (everyone likes sugar).



I even made homemade icing for the top (in green, of course) - I would have done green, yellow and purple, but that would have required me washing the whisk 3 times instead of just once.



GO was so wonderful sleeping in her carseat while I cooked.


Then, when she woke up, B10 was WONDERFUL - look how perfectly he is holding her. I was able to get dessert and dinner fixed (and even had time to read 3 chapters in the Henry Ford biography to CW) before our guests arrived.


Mum and Doc came over, along with Queen, Prince and Princess. Princess has been dying to hold GO, but Queen and I have been holding her off, because we've not been somewhere "safe" (ie: a sofa).


She was SO happy to finally get to sit and hold the baby Caterpillar.


We let the kids play the Wii for a bit (Mario Party 8 can have 4 players - which is good) and then the Royal Family headed home about 8 p.m.

There weren't any parades, but it was a nice Mardi Gras anyway!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

3 comments:

Keri said...

What an awesome big brother!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hmmmmm. And until I noticed it on other people's blogs, we didn't even REALIZE here in north central Indiana that it WAS Mardi Gras. We just don't celebrate it at all around here.

BooSheep said...

Hubby and I actually made jambalaya the other night for dinner and it was really yummy. Little Sheep loved it and I ate 2 helpings. I didn't really think I would like it, but maybe it was a different kind or something. I even took the leftovers the next day to work!