With Wonder and Awe

Monday, September 22, 2008

 

Late last night I was lying in bed, Hubby was taking the trash out, while the Caterpillars were cleaning up their rooms, when I felt the Larva move from the outside.

I normally lay on my side with my hands on my tummy, mostly to protect myself from Bathsheba who likes to jump and land on the Larva. (She use to squish B10 and then the surrogate Larva all the time.) I was watching the Cowboys beat the Packers (yeah - I'm still not impressed with ya'll getting rid of Farve...) when all of the sudden a huge poke came from inside.

I called out for Hubby, which brought the Caterpillars running. B10 went to find Hubby, while CW climbed up on the bed beside me. He laid both his little hands on my stomach and very quickly felt the push of his baby Larva.

He looked right up at me and said: "It's alive! Mummy, our baby is alive!"

I forget sometimes that this is really his first experience with me pregnant where he's been old enough to understand. He was only 3 1/2 when I had the Girl Larva.

Hubby came in, after B10 found him, and was able to feel a little movement before the Larva stopped playing for the night.

I'm pretty sure he was saying the same thing in his mind that CW was saying outloud.

Pretty cool, eh?

Yeah, I thought so, too.

~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

life, in recipes said...

Exciting! I'm sure your hubby was jumping for joy on the inside.

I don't envy you any of the other stuff that comes along with pregnancy - but this was by far my favorite part.