This Post is Late :(

Sunday, September 7, 2008

 

I really should have posted this last week, as Edelweiss spent a lot of time working on a present for me - and our birthdays aren't even until November.

Many times she brings treats to work; cupcakes, biscotti, cake, all sorts of delicious goodies. However, most of the time I am either allergic to the treats, or allergic to something in the treats. So she thoughtfully has been searching for a totally vegan cupcake.

Now, I've never had a vegan cupcake, nor have I ever had a red velvet cupcake. Usually those have a cream cheese frosting, from one of my VERY allergic food groups.

So when she came in on Friday morning with a pan of red velvet vegan cupcakes, with a soy milk glaze frosting...I was both shocked and in heaven.

They were delicious. And I am eternally grateful to have a friend who loves to cook, and enjoys the challenge of trying to create something yummy for me so I don't feel left out.

Did you see the special Lone Butterfly Cupcake? ;)

~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: