More Things Appearing In My Yard

Saturday, September 6, 2008

 

B10 raced into the house SCREAMING with excitement this weekend.

It seems he found this next to our trash can.



Isn't she beautiful? She was almost 6 inches from tip to tip. We never saw her mate (and B10 was watching), but we did get to see her catch a grasshopper.


I found it a bit ironic that once the grasshopper was caught and stuck in her web, she wrapped it up like a burrito, then went back to the center to wait for it to die and be ready to eat.


This took 42 minutes. I know this because B10 sat and watched the entire circle of life from 3 feet away.


I just love my oldest Caterpillar.


~Lone Butterfly )i(

4 comments:

BooSheep said...

ewww...

BooSheep said...

ewww...

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!! That's huge! And disgusting! Am I a bad mom if I hope my boy ISN'T into creepy crawlies? :) But I certainly do hope he's as smart and inquisitive as your boys!!!

Lone Butterfly said...

I love how you had to say it twice to be perfectly clear, Boo! ;)