And So It Begins...

Thursday, September 4, 2008

 


I had to work late today, nothing major, but nothing fun either. I ended up getting home around 6 p.m., which is just enough time to take a quick bath and snuggle down in front of the TV to knit

Because tonight was the biggest night on television, at least this week.

No, I'm not talking about the RNC - although I've heard that was pretty big.

I'm not talking about the second running of the Series Premiere of 90210 - although as a child of the 1980's/1990's it certianly is important.

I'm talking about this:

(Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)



All hail football season. For many, many years, if you had asked me my favorite sport, I would have said Professional Baseball. Followed closely by College Football, then Professional Hockey, then Track and Field, then almost everything else. At the very bottom of the list would have been Professional Football and ANY form of Basketball.


When Peyton (and then Eli) moved into Pro Football, I began to watch quite a bit more frequently. I had followed their games every since they were old enough to have games televised. Super Bowl last year was beyond thrilling for me. So last night's NFL opener was the only thing on my television.


CW and I watched the entire 1st half (and most of the 3rd quarter) together, before he went off to bed. He very much enjoyed the Giants versus the "bad guys", once he figured out it was Eli and not Peyton (in the 6 year old's defense, they both wear blue). And he was equally excited to know this morning that the Giants won 16 to 7, a nice clean victory for our Super Bowl MVP.


Hopefully Sunday we'll make it home in time to watch Peyton's first game together. I love watching Peyton with him, because he insists on calling the Colts the "Horseys", and I'm sure the Bears will become the "bad guys" for that game.


I hope everyone else had a wonderful evening, even if it didn't include a Manning.


~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to pop over and say thanks for the comment on help with knitting for my daughter. I hope you will enjoy all of football season!