Ohio - Day 1

Friday, July 9, 2010

 

We left last night after the Sheepy Celebration with the water slide and I had a wonderful drive overnight.  I love driving in the dark (and resting as I need to), but avoiding most of the traffic that hangs out on interstates when I'm trying to travel.

Today was a "resting" day at Granddaddy and Minnie Mouse's house.  I hooked up the Wii and B10/CW played that a bit.  GO played with her tea set and beach balls and we had lunch at Moe's.

We had to hang out close to the house, so Minnie Mouse could have her new fridge delivered (the old one died!).  I managed to get GO to sleep very quickly after that - and we woke up just in time for Granddaddy to get home from work.

Tonight's dinner was Bob Evans (YUM!  ROLLS!) and then Granddaddy and I took CW and GO home, while Minnie Mouse and B10 went to the grocery store to replenish the fridge/freezer food.

At home, we did the traditional "feeding of the birds" on the first day, which was fun to watch - because it's the first time GO has been old enough to "join in".


Except for when I stepped on an ant pile, it was a good moment!

After baths, Granddaddy and CW played a game, while B10 played with GO.

I finally had to drive GO around in the car (with Granddaddy) to put her to sleep.  She was out quickly (less than 15 minutes), but being in the house just seemed to distract her and keep her awake!

Tomorrow - GEOCACHING!  (Hopefully we will hit #200!)

~Lone Butterfly  )i(

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Again, I have to tell you that I LOVE the picture of CW and GO sitting in the grass... so cute! Not only do you have some really cute subjects, I think you have some talent in capturing sweet moments! :) Glad ya'll made it safely! Of course, I'm looking forward to your return but I hope you have a wonderful week with your daddy!

BooSheep said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait so show Brother Sheep the pictures tomorrow...he will be so excited!

Boo