Strawberry Pickin'

Thursday, May 21, 2009

 

It's a tradition for the Royal family to go Strawberry Picking the day after school gets out. This year, the friends that normally go with them couldn't - so they invited us!

Queen and I found an ADORABLE matching outfit for Princess and GO. It was like Strawberry Shortcake all over again (it's sad when the 80's make an appearance and kids think it's new).

The Caterpillars love picking strawberries and we had a great time going up and down the fields.


We picked two gallons, which I managed to take home and process quickly (amazing - considering we were also packing to go camping).

After about an hour and a half as a day laborer, we headed to an Italian restaurant close by. It has these delicious sweet and spicy snausage rolls that I wanted Queen to try, but they were out! So disappointing.

Then Prince and Princess came over to spend the afternoon at our house (so Queen could work on packing for Cub Scout camping).


While I processed the strawberries, GO slept perfectly on the floor, sucking her thumb.

The first day of "summer" was officially a success!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

4 comments:

life, in recipes said...

I'm so jealous! I was craving those strawberries yesterday as I paid way too much for the ones at the grocery store. I'm glad you guys got to go, though! Maybe next year...

Keri said...

She is ADORABLE!!! And that dress! Oh my goodness!! Irresistible!!

momofbugs said...

The girls looks so cute. I can't believe GO is sucking her thumb now she really is going to favor her cousin butterfly. What did you do with all the strawberries? I have been hooked on them chocolate covered.

BooSheep said...

Those strawberries look SO yummy!! I can't believe we haven't gone yet. Just looking at the picture makes me want some...maybe this week if the rain will hold off :)