It's Halloween - And I Have No Photos

Friday, October 31, 2008

 

Well, it is the end of Halloween, and while only one of the Caterpillars did any trick or treating (of any fashion), I don't have any pictures to put up yet.

B10 spent his evening at our local Science Night Out. He and I had a great dinner together (Cookie drove him to my workplace), then he went on in to the Science Center with no worries whatsoever about making new friends.

When Hubby brought him home (3 1/2 hours later), he had a small treat bag full of candy and gum - and lots of stories to tell. Apparently there was bridge building with spaghetti noodles and a wonderful experience where they took balloons, blew them up, then dipped them in liquid nitrogen to watch them shatter when they hit the ground.

Ah, B10 and Science...it's a beautiful thing. I've signed him up to go back again in November, so he should be rather pleased.

CW dressed up as Indiana Jones, again, and Cookie took him to our Neighborhood party. The Women's Club puts on a pleasant little pizza get-together for the kids with games and such, very early in the evening. Mum really didn't want to be at home to hand out candy afterwards, so we drove out to one of the churches Hubby and I have been debating visiting.

They were having a "Trunk or Treat" festival, with Chick-fil-a nuggets and cotton candy. CW very much enjoyed his nuggets for dinner, but was uncharacteristically shy with all the people around. He managed to get a nice bag full of candy/gum/toys, then went to the car with Cookie and their bags of cotton candy, while I caught up with one of my friends that happened to be there with her sister and her sister's family.

In other news, I actually really liked the people at the church holding the festival. In fact, it's where Hubby and I will visit on Sunday - to see how we fit in to their weekly services.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, with lots of treats and few tricks. We'll be having our "real" Halloween celebration tomorrow night, when the guests arrive for our party!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: