Day One - Arriving at our Destination

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

 

We made the last few hours drive in record time, stopping once for breakfast (I ran into Kroger and got a pint of chocolate milk and a bag of powdered doughnuts).

Aunt CC helped me unload the car, before she took Butterfly and Ladybug to Gymnastics. B10 and CW (along with Princess Flower and Dragonfly) played quietly enough for GO and I to sleep for another two hours.

By 1 pm I was more well-rested than I have been in WEEKS - I was able to sleep lying down! :)

After Butterfly got home from school, we all piled into our cars and drove a couple of miles to a nearby National Park.

This was GO's first trip to a National Park - and the Rangers just adored her!

The Caterpillars and Garden Girls played in the Ranger Kids Room, especially enjoying the bird sounds on the computer.


After playing at the Ranger Station, we headed to a .5 mile trail (with soft cushy underbrush) that the strollers can roll on. We walked the trail once all together, then we let the older kids walk the trail by themselves.

Aunt CC had made popcorn for us to share. The Caterpillars really enjoyed picking up trash along the trail (Leave No Trace for Cub Scouts).


Aunt CC made a delicious dinner of hamburger sliders and homefries, before she and I took GO to Best Buy to pick out my newest computer (the death of my old computer is a whole 'nother post in itself).

By 10 pm, we were all ready to head to bed! I had such a great time sleeping on a mattress!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

2 comments:

Meredith said...

YAY For sleeping laying down! What a great first day! I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!

BooSheep said...

fun stuff! I love the picture of all the kids at the park around the butterfly sign. It is a great casual shot of them all. :)