Walt Disney World Vacation - Day 1

Saturday, January 30, 2010


Off we go, into the wild blue yonder!  Or at least...into the dark, cold yonder.

5 am is EARLY, people!  But, everyone had smiles on as we got up and dressed to head on our way.

We did most of the packing of the car last night (except for food and computers), and the caterpillars quickly fell back asleep.

Hubby and I geocached a bit, and grabbed our own breakfast (love the Dollar Menu at McDonald's) and kept heading south.

By the time B10, CW and GO woke up, they were more than ready for breakfast.  We swung through another McDonald's and while the boys ate, GO nursed a bit, then helped Hubby drive.

Okay, so she didn't actually DRIVE - but don't tell her that.  She was cracking Hubby and CW up, because every time Hubby put his hands on the wheel, she would carefully peel them off, finger by finger and push them down.

B10 was focused in the back with his iPod and book.

We continued on (after GO was safely back in her carseat), for about another two hours, geocaching as we went - until GO put her foot down (figuratively) and I nursed her again.

Which meant that she needed to "drive" again.

For lunch we stopped at Wendy's, and then continued to geocache.  B10 took his turn finding geocaches (and bugs).
CW played with the Nintendo DS that one of Hubby's co-worker's lent us.  GO just kept sleeping.

It got so warm we were able to roll down the windows.

One of the highlights for B10 was getting to tour the University of Florida Campus - he was SO excited to have his picture taken with the sign.  :)

By the time we got to the hotel, it was a little after 5 pm.  Over 11 hours on the road (and plenty of found caches to show for it), but we decided to take a swim before dinner.

GO loved the pool!

B10 and CW loved the pool, too, though for vastly different reasons!

We spent an hour in the pool, then walked next door to the Cracker Barrel.  (In our matching shirts!)

I wish I had taken my camera.  GO was DONE with food, with highchairs, with LIFE in general.  She slammed her head against the table at one point (trying to sleep on her cornbread muffin, it did NOT work as a pillow).  We took her back to the room and bathed her, then put her to bed.

Hubby took B10 and CW down for more swimming, and hopefully we will all fall asleep soon!

The Caterpillars are watching the Lindsay Lohan version of the Parent Trap on Disney Channel (gosh, she used to be such a cute kid) and Hubby and I are finishing up our computer stuff so we can crash.

Tomorrow - ON TO DISNEY!

~Lone Butterfly  )i(


Meredith said...

Yay! What a fun fun day!!!! miss you already! Can't wait to hear about each day!

BooSheep said...

Looks like fun so far!! I can't wait to see pictures of the cabin and the Magic Kingdom, remember to slow down and take the time to enjoy it! You are only on day 1!!!