Boo-Boo!

Friday, January 15, 2010

 

We had a rough day today, and poor GO had to bear the brunt of it.

I had received a jury duty notice in the mail, for the week before we were leaving on vacation.  Add that to the fact that I am the primary caregiver for a nursing infant under 1 year - and I needed to postpone my Jury Duty by 90 days.  It's a simple process, but requires a phone call to a live person.

Meanwhile, B10 is cooking lunch (yes, a hot lunch, because he is AMAZING).  This left CW, who was asked to sit in the middle of the floor with GO and play Little People with her.

The next thing I know, there is a loud crash and screaming and B10 is yelling "I'm taking her to Mum, right now!"

GO had managed to stand and grab onto the wrought iron fireplace tools stand, then bring the entire thing down on her head.  The puncture wound on her forehead and the scratches on the top of her head, spread far to much blood for me to remain calm.  I managed to call Queen (who, God bless her, was at my house in less than 15 minutes).  Luckily, after cleaning the wounds, it wasn't near as bad as it first looked.



However, the three minor head wounds and the bruising - well, let's just say we won't be doing her 1 year pictures anytime soon!


~Lone Butterfly  )i(

1 comments:

life, in recipes said...

poor baby - i hope she's okay!