The Olympics Light Dreams

Sunday, August 17, 2008

 

CW (and B10) have been watching the Olympics every night. It's interesting, because this is very clearly the first Olympics they can remember. (B10 was only 4 during the Greece Olympics and wasn't even a year old when they were in Sydney. And CW is 2 years younger!) B10 (not unexpectedly) prefers to watch the competitions that involve individuals. Even the swimming, which he loves, gets "boring" when it's a relay race.


CW, on the other hand, has been fascinated by watching plenty of the team sports. Beach volleyball and the relay swimming races are his favorite. Last night, I turned on the TV and he curled up beside me to watch the entire women's marathon.


Seriously, the six year old watched the entire 2 1/2 hours worth of running - and he was asking questions the whole time. I found it amusing when we had a very brief discussion about how runners and swimmers have to practice every day, because the difference in a winner and a loser is how hard you train.


Then, before 7 am, this happened beside my bed:


Notice the shoes in his hands. Oh yes, I got out of bed and sat on the driveway in my pajamas and watched my son do stretching exercises and run up and down the street.


Because I am NOT going to be the reason he doesn't make the 2020 or 2024 Olympics!


~Lone Butterfly )i(

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

This is GREAT!!!! I can't wait until he's in the Olympics.

Meredith said...

Oh how sweet! I hope he stays motivated and focused to achieve his dream!!! :)

AND... I'm ready for us to start walking again... let me know when you're up for it!!! I've missed you!

Ashley said...

Cool beans. I've done the Disney 1/2 marathon 5 times and loved it. There's lots of little events around here that he can do for practice..