Now the News...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

 

Baby Larva is in the NICU, where she will remain for (likely) 72 hours. Her blood glucose level is low (we won't even go into the drama there), but to make a long story short, she's got a tiny little IV in her tiny little hand and I'm scrubbing in every 3 hours to nurse her.


The Handwashing Station, with sterile gowns and scrubby brushes



We're only allowed 4 names (other than immediate family) on the NICU list. Cookie came down with me today to help me get settled nursing her (I have to go in a wheelchair - the walk is very far). The Caterpillars are allowed to visit, but Hubby had to go by their doctor's office and pick up a current certified copy of their immunization records before they could be let in.




Cookie with Baby Larva in the NICU

Please keep us in your prayers. This isn't life-threatening, but it's scary - and it's horrid not having her with us to hold and love on. If all goes well, both Mummy and Baby Larva will be discharged from the hospital on Sunday.


Baby Larva in her NICU warmer




Updates as they are available.

~Lone Butterfly )i(

1 comments:

life, in recipes said...

OH! Y'all are in our prayers. I know she's in good hands, but I also know how frustrating it is not to have her there with you at all times. I hope you're recovering well and quickly - hope to see you soon.