He Sends His Words

Sunday, July 8, 2007

 

Tonight, I ran media for the Sunday Night service. It's (to repeat a tired phrase) pretty lonely up in the booth, with everyone down below. But then the music started. I cannot take any credit for the words below, they belong to another.

But I felt as if God was speaking to me directly.

How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure.
That He would give His only Son to make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss; the Father turns His face away.
As wounds which mar the Chosen One, bring many sons to glory.
~
Behold the Man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there, until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life; I know that it is finished.
~
I will not boast in anything; no gifts, no power, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom.
~
But this I know with all my heart - His wounds have paid my ransom.

I am a precious and beloved child of the Creator of the Universe. He loves me.

Me.

~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: