This Morning I Cried...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

 

We bow down,
we lay our crowns
at the feet of Jesus.
~
The goodness of
His mercy and love,
at the feet of Jesus.
~
And we cry holy, holy, holy.
And we cry holy, holy, holy.
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the Lamb.
~
~
This morning the entire family gathered at my sister (Boo's) church for her baby's dedication. They had all the babies up on stage and gave them their tiny bibles (which Nephew promptly shoved in his mouth), they gave a prayer then sent the children back to the nursery.
~
Boo and Fireman (her husband) slid back into the seats next to Fiance and I right before this song began. This is one of my favorite songs, but this morning I was touched unlike I have been in weeks.
~
I serve on the Media Team at my church, which involves me spending every Wednesday night working on slides and every Sunday morning running the slides for the songs, sermon, and annoucements. And while I have had a few Sundays off (due to a horrid meltdown of the church air conditioning system), this was the first Sunday I had off and was in a church. I had forgotten how joyful it is to worship.
~
I love serving, and have no desire to leave the Media Team, but it is so hard to never have the chance to SING the songs, because I'm so worried about making sure the words are up there for the 900 people or so that are singing during our church services.
~
I'm sure Boo couldn't understand why I was crying, or that the tears on my face were from joy, and a heart that was truly - at that moment - fully prepared to worship.
~
How lucky are we, to be able to lay our crowns down, at the merciful feet of Jesus? How beloved am I, to be the daughter of a King? How often does my heart sing to Him? How incredible that the Holy Lamb died for me?
~
May you be blessed on this Day of Rest.
~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: