Where Have I Been?

Sunday, August 2, 2009

 

Where HAVE I been? I have lots of pictures to post and lots of adventures to share, but there's one big reason I haven't blogged in almost a month (my longest break since I started this blog)...

I'm in a play! Well, two plays actually at New London Theatre.

During the summer they have a short show (only 4 performances) where they have One Acts and New Directors. I've been cast in two of those shows.

The first is The Problem by A.R. Gurney, Jr. It's a Theatre of the Absurd piece that I was a bit nervous about doing at first. After reading the entire play, I am totally in love with it! There are only two characters (Husband and Wife). This is the first time in my acting "career" that I am playing the lead in a romantic comedy... It's sort of odd, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

The second show is Black Comedy by Peter Shaffer. It's set in 1960's London, and I play the crazy cat lady who lives upstairs. (No, I don't think I'm being typecast!) It's the longest one act being preformed (at over an hour in length). We had two actors bail on us, but the replacements are even better! (Of course, I may be biased since Doc is now playing the part of the Colonel. THANK YOU, DOC!)

I auditioned, thinking I might get one part in one of the smaller shows (there are nine total). Imagine my surprise when I was cast in TWO shows - with GREAT parts in each! These past 3 weeks have been crazy - with rehearsals almost every night at 8:00 or 9:00 pm and every afternoon at 3:30 pm. I don't think I'll be auditioning again until The Christmas Carol or Romeo and Juliette, but I'm even more excited about New London Theatre than I was before.

It's an incredible community theatre that puts on quality work and is very family-friendly. I can't wait to get Hubby and the Caterpillars involved!

So, very soon I will be updating (with pictures) the rest of July and the beginning of August. As for now - thank you to everyone who has already said they are coming to see the play and if you haven't, show nights are August 6th, 8th and 14th. You can purchase tickets at New London's website through Paypal. I'd love to see you there!

~Lone Butterfly )i(

0 comments: